Have you always wanted to write an original personal essay that really talks about you? Read this article to find out how personal statement example can help.
When applying to any university or even applying for scholarships, it is important for you to write an effective personal statement or personal essay. You can find types of personal statement examples on the web where you can pattern your actual essay on. However it is important for you to make your essay original and completely your own. As much as possible your essay should also tell a story.
Why inventing stories is a big no-no when writing your personal statement
Writing your personal statement should be a means for you to reflect on certain aspects about yourself and on how these things make you a good candidate for the course or school that you are applying to. These statements are personal which means that there is no specific formula that works for everyone.
You have to understand that the invention of stories so as to make your statement more appealing and impressive will never work to your advantage. Although the input of false yet impressive stories may afford you the favor of the selection committee initially, this is often short-lived. A contrived admissions essay will simply reflect on your poor character. This will cost you your scholarship or your admission to the school.
Tips for a more personal and effective admission essay
The best style to adopt for your personal essay is a well-paced conversational style that allows the committee to see through your plans, academic goals, achievements, and valuable life experiences. Here are a few tips that can help you write a successful personal statement:
– Remember to take into account all the questions asked and answer them in your personal essay. Different school applications may have different sets of questions so make sure that you answer them correctly.
– If you are applying to several schools or several courses, never use the personal essay. As already mentioned above, different applications may contain different sets of questions, so you have to answer them as completely as possible.
– Make sure that you write an interesting first paragraph, to avoid boring your readers right from the start. An attention-grabbing opening statement or paragraph is highly recommended.
– Finally, don’t hesitate to edit your personal statement as soon as you finish writing it. Look out for spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes and correct them accordingly.
By following these tips you can write a personal statement that allows your real personality to shine through.
1. How will you make your personal statement as original as possible?
2. Why is honesty highly valued in your personal statement?
3. Are there some tips essential in making your admission essay stand out?